Demonstration by B
Key coaching points (forecourt players in orange shirt):
- Raise racquet just above the white tape and point towards the opponent to shut down the net.
- Wide feet, regular small tapping of the feet to enable faster movement.
- Players to angle themselves accordingly depending the position of opponent who is returning the shot.
- Use of grip power to tap the shuttle over (drive) so that the racquet recovers quickly for multiple returns. Avoid using the throwing action which is too slow to react to drives at the forecourt.
Three simple techniques to improve power:
1. Use a whip action
2. Optimise the speed of the stroke and the timing of striking the shuttle.
3. Control racquet face to enable racquet at full on strike, avoiding slice.
Look at Dan’s wrist when he draws the racquet behind. Any comment on that?